One mom's attempt at capturing all that inspires her . . .

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Editing Assignment


            I really had a difficult time producing 200 quality images for the editing assignment.  Struggling with the constant snowfall this winter, I felt trapped in my own home, leaving the house for only the occasional trip to the supermarket.   This assignment forced me to play on my feelings of confinement.   Regardless of what category my photos fell under, they all had the common theme of restriction or close spaces.  Even when I ventured out into the woods, my pictures still represented these feelings I was experiencing.
            This assignment also helped me as an artist to try to express other emotions than the ones I usually convey in my artwork. Rather than focusing on beauty or love, I was now trying to show some of those opposing feelings.  Tight cropping to even outdoor scenes further elaborated on this point, restricting the eye from moving too much around the picture.  The lighting also appears cold and depressing. Even when just going back and viewing my images again, they give me a sense of an eerie quietness that I wish to be washed away by the upcoming spring.








2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your pictures. I've noticed you seem to take a very artistic approach and a lot of time with your images. I like the points of view for all of these images. All pictures above seem to have a geometrical influence. You getting ready to take pictures of Asbury since its getting warmer?! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gary for all the kind words! Speaking of Asbury Park, I already planned a day trip there for Friday, can't wait!! Lovin the more milder weather!

    ReplyDelete